Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jingle Bells


"Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind."

                              -Mary Ellen Chase

Hey there!

I know it's a little early, but I've already Christmas-ed the house! The tree was a bit difficult to put up as I, as much as I like to believe that I have good style, don't know how to coordinate ornaments. And Christmas lights. Don't even get me started on the lights. 

Tinsel? 

I just threw it around the base of the tree to save me the grief of winding up on the floor, wrapped in a tinsel straitjacket, bawling my eyes out because I'll never be good at decorating.


I don't like the idea of having a real tree. I'm not judging anyone who does, it's just my opinion that if you don't have a fireplace to reuse the wood, it's a waste of a perfectly good tree. For me, fake is better. Or rather, if you want to sound more classy: "Faux"


He's a door hanger. I call him Frank.


I don't really know why we've never lit this candle. It's been in the decoration box for years. Maybe we're just not a candle-y family. Huh.

Michael Bublé is crooning away on my iPod's Christmas playlist and I've glue-gunned the wooden apples and the ribbons back to the wreath (It's had some mishaps in it's long life and needed some TLC). All that's needed now is some gingerbread biscuits baking in the oven for Christmas to really arrive here. Even though it's a whole month away. Happy November!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment