Sunday, October 28, 2012

Granita

Hey!

Like I said in my last post, it's getting hot here.

Yesterday, I decided to make a really yummy treat called granita. It is an icy dessert from Sicily, and it's basically teensy little flavoured ice crystals {or I could just say snow}. It's kind of like a sorbet. I made mine coffee flavoured.

This is the recipe I used:

2 cups hot water
1/3 to 1/2 a cup sugar - depending on how sweet you want the granita
2 teaspoons strong, instant espresso

That's it! Easy, right?

Okay, so basically, mix the three ingredients together in a wide, shallow dish (that can fit nicely in your freezer) until all the sugar and coffee is dissolved. Let the hot mixture cool, then place in the freezer. This is where your patience will be tested. Every half an hour to one hour, take a fork and scrape the ice. It will gradually dry out and you will be able to serve it. If you haven't already eaten it first.



Ciao!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment